15 Download Flyer
Direct & Indirect Adhesive Management Through a Non-Invasive Approach
The main goal of this course is to provide, indications and protocols to diagnose and treat severe worn dentition through a new no prep approach increasing the VDO: “The Index technique”. The course will also focus on when and how to bond on worn dentition, additive partial indirect restorations (onlays/overlays) in composite and/or ceramic, depending on the indication.
All the step by step protocols will be addressed through step by step images and videos on patients, in order to have a clear over view of this hybrid (direct-indirect) technique through an analog and digital workflow.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
– How to diagnose worn dentition (corrosion; attrition; abrasion; abfraction).
– Opening the VDO and planning the treatment plan
– The indications and protocols for a no prep direct adhesive approach: “The Index Technique”.
– The indications & protocols for a minimal invasive indirect adhesive approach through composite and/or ceramic onlays/overlays.
1. How to diagnose worn dentition (erosion, attrition abrasion and abfraction)
2. Esthetic and functional analysis
3. How to increase the VDO and perform the “restorative” wax-up (with video projection on patients)
4. How to perform the transparent index on the “restorative” wax-up (with video projection on patients)
5. Anterior and posterior mock-ups (temporary phase), for esthetics phonetics and function (with video projection on patients
6. Adhesion strategies on worn dentition (with video projection on patients)
7. The indications and protocols, on posterior teeth, for a no prep direct adhesive copy-paste approach: “The Index Technique” (with video projection on patients)
8. The indications and protocols, on anterior teeth, for a no prep direct adhesive copy-paste approach: “The Index Technique” (with video projection on patients)
9. The indications and protocols for indirect adhesive approach through composite and ceramic onlays (with video projection on patients)
10. All the possible errors that may arise (with video projection on patients)
11. Hands-on: 1) how to perform the transparent index on the restorative wax-up. How to perform a mock-up 2) How to perform a composite copy-paste restorative approach on worn dentition
Single and double occupancy available, starting at $290 per night. View accommodation options here: Accommodation
The Pankey Institute is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
The L. D. Pankey Dental Foundation, aka The Pankey Institute is a nonprofit corporation organized and chartered in the State of Florida that accepts all registrants regardless of age, race, sex, creed, national or ethnic origin, and it does not discriminate on any such basis with respect to its activities, programs and policies. A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Division of Consumer Services by calling toll free (800-435-7352). Registration does not imply endorsement, approval or recommendation by the state.