TMD & Orofacial Pain
37 Download Flyer
Managing Complex Patients
TMD patients present with a wide range of concerns and symptoms from tension headaches and muscle challenges to significant joint inflammation and breakdown. Accurate thorough diagnosis is the first step and we will work through a systematic process of gathering a history, clinical exam, appropriate radiography and using new technology for joint diagnosis. The course will cover traditional treatment options of appliance therapy and equilibration, but also look at utilizing pharmacology, physical therapy and other non-traditional modalities. Whether your goal is to treat all TMD patients in your practice or selectively treat some types of cases while referring others, this course will address what you need to be successful and productive.
This course is designed for the General dentist or Specialist that would like to deepen their knowledge about treating Facial Pain and TMD patients. We have a very strong team that includes 2 Board certified Orofacial Pain specialists, an Oral Surgeon with Specific TMD training, two General dentists that have limited their practice to treating Facial Pain, and a General dentist that uses this knowledge in daily practice.
– The basic foundation skills needed to be successful in the diagnosis and treating facial pain
– Creating a link between anatomical structures & signs/symptoms that patients present with to the dental office.
– Develop a diagnostic process to understand the most complex patients and recommend treatment.
– Beyond appliance therapy we will explore therapeutic modalities that include medication, trigger point injections, Botox and more.
– Radiology: When does it add diagnostic value and how to interpret the findings.
– Surgical intervention: What are the current procedures we utilize and when are they indicated.
Single and double occupancy available, starting at $290 per night. View accommodation options here: Accommodation
The Pankey Institute is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
The L. D. Pankey Dental Foundation, aka The Pankey Institute is a nonprofit corporation organized and chartered in the State of Florida that accepts all registrants regardless of age, race, sex, creed, national or ethnic origin, and it does not discriminate on any such basis with respect to its activities, programs and policies. A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Division of Consumer Services by calling toll free (800-435-7352). Registration does not imply endorsement, approval or recommendation by the state.